Came to the realisation this morning that today marks the 7 year anniversary of me joining my current role. 7 years is a long time to stay in one company….so in true HR style I started to reflect on why:
- I love the people I work with. I have amazing colleagues.
- The culture of the organisation really suits me. I am lucky enough to find a place to work where its staff are trusted and empowered. I don’t fear making a mistake because I know I will learn from them.
- I am still learning.
- I work with Volunteers and that can be amazingly challenging and amazing rewarding all at the same time.
- I don’t wish to sound too “gushy” but I really support what the organisation is doing (benefit of working 3rd sector).
- They support my development (even when I want to do something a bit left field!!)
There is no mention in my list of reward or benefits but about recognition, trust and personal development. Interesting what can influence retention.